- likes and dislikes.
It was fancy that wearing clothe and chosing character however,
I think Oovoo is better than Second Life for students. It was confusing to use for me. Most difficult problem was so many buttons. Whenever I click the buttons, something poped up and so many buttons were in the window again! I need practice to use Second Life.
- How could you use it for teaching?
I can use Second Life to make foreigner friends for my students. For example, giving them homework that, talking with 3 people in English. If students feel uncomfortable with it, let them have a chat. And then let them make short diary about their conversation. It can give them interesting and confidence. Playing can be learning!
- Adventages and Disadventages.
Adventages
There are so many chances to make new friends.
The best thing is - It is not boring! There is no time to bore actually. It takes almost one hour only for have a look this cyber world.
Disadventages
For the conference, Oovoo is much better. First of all, this program is really big and need a lot of power, so my lap top was almost fried! If I want to use Second Life with my students, they have to have quite nice computer and it can be burden to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment